Universal approached us to originate and part-localise a fully-integrated advertising campaign for one of their biggest and most anticipated releases of 2015 – Fifty Shades of Grey. They wanted a campaign that would position the release as a not-to-be-missed event, highlighting the ‘Unseen Edition’ as a hook for fans to discover new content.
After originating the tagline ‘Curious for more?’ we executed a live countdown mechanic across a large-scale digital outdoor campaign, letting consumers know how many days until they could take Mr. Grey home!
We also created a digital advertising campaign, which generated 27m+ impressions, 10 press ad insertions reaching 6m+ readers, a bespoke cover wrap for Stylist Magazine, as well as radio spots, and 40 retailer-specific TV spots which aired on all main terrestrial and satellite channels over a two-week period.
- 521k units sold in week one, making it the biggest of 2015.
- The third-highest week-one sales since 2014 (behind Frozen and The Hobbit)
- Biggest ever OOH campaign for a DVD release
- 1st DVD to ever appear on the BFI IMAX
- 1st DVD ever to appear on the entrance landmark at Westfield White City
- First ever Stylist cover wrap for a DVD release
- The highest ever pre order sales for a Universal title
- Highest pre-orders for an 18-certificate film on Amazon
Client: Universal Pictures UK